Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Julia's 100th Birthday

As many of you know I do love food and I have to give credit to Julia Child for that love.  Today marks her 100th birthday.  Her shows on PBS live on via DVD and yes, I have them.  There are hundreds of images of her on the web but the following are the three that made me pause and also laugh.  The first is from one of her early shows on PBS.
As I have been reading stories and articles on her this day her height is always mentioned and oh was she tall.  But that was part of her charm, like a bull in a china shop.  Below is a duel photo of Julia during her Roast Chicken episode.  On the right is Meryl Streep playing Julia Child in "Julie and Julia" which a whole group of went to see when it opened and I gave everyone a wooden spoon to mark the occasion.
And how could one not mention the classic spoof of Julia Child by Dan Akroyd on "Saturday Night Live" that still lives on as a favorite.  Happy Birthday Julia, know you are loved and I have butter in the frig in your honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment