Saturday, August 25, 2012

Busy, Busy Busy & It's Saturday

Today I was up early and getting dishes washed and clothes done.  Read Friday and Saturday New York Times while enjoying coffee.  Made a lovely breakfast of eggs and bacon which really satisfied.  A late morning nap followed getting all the glassware washed and split between those I decided to keep (below) and those I decided to let go and got those all packed up for the florist.
From the left is a cracked glass vase I got when I was in Portland.  Next is a flute sent to me to mark the new century from Anne in France.  The base makes out the year "2000" and sadly the other did not survive the mailing.  Missy down in Southpark sold me the handled jug.  It was her brother's and she had to liquidate all of his estate.  Crate & Barrel is where the next vase comes from and it was during my first visit to one of their stores on a trip to Chicago that I got it.  Cindy and Linda gave me the great vase that is stemmed and quite ornate.  Very fun.  The bowl shape vase was a flea market find in Oregon and finally the last item is not so much a vase, but oh is it pretty or what?  Found it at a little shop in Portland. 

So after the early nap I headed out and delivered a piece of artwork to Jeff for the GREAT ART PARTY and then on to BECU to get some money.  It was not yet noon and so decided to treat myself and head for Tacoma and take the ferry over to Vashon Island before catching the ferry back to West Seattle.  Stopped at Costco for gas before heading north to Jodie and Rob's for an evening of games and an amazing dinner.
 Catan was the game of choice with cocktails kicked off the evening.  Around 6pm we got the grill going and Rob grilled bacon-wrapped Filet Mignon's plus some squash and zucchini.  Great food and good company.  The food had to be good as I forgot to take pictures, but trust me, it was fabulous and there were leftovers for brunch tomorrow.
Here is the one photo I got and Jodie will hate me for posting, but hey, it proves I was there and climbed all those steps to their apartment.  It was a fun evening as always with them.  Oh and before closing, Happy Birthday to my brother Steve in Portland.  He turned 56 today and was born in 1956.

No comments:

Post a Comment