Thursday, August 5, 2010

Blue Angels, Packages & Steaks on the Grill

All 3 of these occurred today and thus, I am just not into posting. Blue Angels are in town to perform for Seafair Sunday and made it so I go delayed getting home at the middle of the day as the sun came out and decided to make everything warm = ICK! Because of the clusterf$%K they cause with closing down I-90 I have taken to leaving the office early on Thursday and Friday and work from home in the afternoon. Upon arriving at the apartment I decided to stop and pick-up my package at the office. Walked into said office at 12:30 pm. Waited and waited and even answered phones as manager and district manager starred at a monitor and well, ignored me. Leasing agent was showing an apartment I was able to figure out and finally at 12:55pm, one of the ladies came out and said, "Can I help you with something?" Oh talk about a double barrel! A VERY challenging drive and then waiting and oh, there is the post-it specifically saying to call when package came in TWO days ago. Thanks lots. Oh and while sitting there answering phones, I could have walked off with someones driver's license and I took a call from a manager who thought it was rather odd that a tenant was answering phones. Oh to be a fly on the wall tomorrow!

Finally got package and it is clothes that I bought as I am down a size and needed them for Houston. What is scary about Houston is that their low temperature will be higher than our high! Oh the joy of going to Houston in August. Came up to apartment and cranked the AC and it cooled off. Got some work done and then after a shower and power nap it was off to Markie's for a lovely dinner of grilled Ribeye's and I took a salad I have begun to make quite a bit, it is a spin on the Caprese Salad. I sub cucumbers for basil. Toss in a couple of fresh baked rolls and a bottle of lovely wine and you have a mighty fine meal complete with airplanes overheard. So now I am home and doing any more writing tonight is not going to happen, but do look for the complete review of 94 Stewart where I dined last night. Three words = Fab-U-Lous!

No comments:

Post a Comment