Saturday, August 7, 2010

Non-Stop to Heat Advisory!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present the United States...I boarded a non-stop from Seattle to Houston. After nearly a 45 minute delay departure we ended up not going on a beeline through Oregon, Idaho, Utah and then through Colorado and down into Texas...no, no...why so easy!? Perish the thought. No we got to run into Thunderstorm after thunderstorm. No we were rerouted east over Wyoming, Nebraska and yes, even Missouri to then do a fish hook into Arkansas and finally looping just missing Oklahoma. Oh darn! Bet we do not get the adjusted mileage route posted to our account when all is said and done.

But then, I cannot complain after getting 10,000 free miles from Alaska due to the recent email concerning their website and buying tickets being a person of size. Did I post about that? I had been on a flight last Christmas from Newark to Seattle. Sat next to Glenn Johnson, the VP for Finance. Nice guy. Well, he gave me his card and so I dropped him an email about the several issues and his reply was that he had passed on my email to the head of marketing as his title had changed. Oh yes it had. He is now President of Horizon Air, part of Alaska Air Group. Too funny.

So got car and headed for the hotel. A little challenging in the dark of night. Silly me, I thought we would arrive at 7:20pm as scheduled and even stop by the house at games night and say hello. Well, we landed at 8:38pm and it was HOT and MUGGY and I knew I was in hell. Finally got luggage by 9:40ish after a luggage carousel malfunction. Then on to National to get car and to the hotel.

Finally, a shining point in the evening was arriving at the hotel where Linda, at the front desk, presents 2 cold bottles of water and news that I had been upgraded to a suite at no additional charge on an upper floor. I am at the Four-Points by Sheraton. Love the free internet and parking. Oh, oh and the ice machine is like RIGHT across the hall.

So folks, tomorrow, I tackle my delayed restaurant review!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read about 94 Stewart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure that the circuitous route was much better on your psyche than if you'd gone directly through the thunderstorms and bounced all the way to Houston. :-) Ice AND air conditioning should make for a comfortable stay in Houston.

    ReplyDelete