Monday, August 23, 2010

Mind The Gap Monday

The weekend is history and Sunday proved to be something completely different than planned. Helene was down unexpectedly and so stopped over for a bite of dinner and chat before heading to the train station for evening train (which stops in September and I am bummed!). Got an email from Sandy and she came up and we had the evening to totally chat away before crashing and up early to get to the office and she on to an early meeting. Fun, fun, fun!

So I kept puttering away at the stuff in my apartment and repositioning things to make it all work better. I have this coffee mug from London and when the handle shattered I could not part with it, but it is now my pen holder. Thus, every time I look for a pen or scissors or some such, I just "Mind the Gap." Alas, there are more than pens in there including a festive fluffy pink feather pen from some movie promotion and a nearly used up one from the Doris Day Animal Rescue Foundation. There are two pencils, one from an off-Broadway show - Pageant and the other hails from Kennedy School in Portland. Each items spurs a wonderful memory.There are two knives. The light handled one is the one that Grandma Schilling used to cut the fish when she did smelt fries for me and Dad plus Uncle Merritt when he was alive. Oh they were good and small to be sure. Mom and siblings never joined us and not sure why? But what they missed was a bit of heaven. The other knife, just behind the light handled one and in front of the Kennedy School pencil was her fruit knife that she used for years and years. It was also a letter opener for many years. Oh the things that we hold on to over the years. So there you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment