Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Two-fer Tuesday

Where did we come up with that term? I am not at all sure but I have to tell you that I am more than excited about today's events. First of all, I get to have dinner with one of the most wonderful people I know. Lisa Heaton is one of those people that just make you feel good and is so nice. I do not think I have ever seen her dark side and that could be a scary thought, but one I do not ponder. Rather, I enjoy our times together and this evening we are going to dine at a new find of mine, 94 Stewart. Some of you know I reviewed this place earlier this month when Michael was up from Long Beach. We just loved the place and I promised myself to go back and with Groupon's offer, I am doing it sooner than I expected, happily so.

I have mentioned Michael many times in my postings and well, he is a friend that is a rare gem to be sure. Michael and I met up at Breitenbush Hot Springs years ago, my God, dare I say at least a decade ago and have been fast friends since. We laugh and cry and share all our dirty laundry. He is a true friend through and through. Hell, he has to be for me to tolerate Cabo for a week...who else but him. Some time ask me about bubbles and oh maybe a firework! (If he is reading this he knows exactly what I am talking about!). The one thing about Michael is he loves to travel and has been to Paris if you did not know. Lord knows we all should and he never fails to remind us at every turn.So today on his facebook account he shares a picture that I just had to post here. This is a picture he took in Salzburg, Austria in 1998 and I have to agree with his comment = YUM! He mentioned it was going to become his screen saver. Perfect. What a wonderful picture of summer without all that icky sun and such. This is pure happiness.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, my lovely, lovely friend. If you had not 'forced' me to drink so much at an auction, we would not have needed to endure Cabo. BTW, the auction this year is September 18. Wanna go? Tell me how it is. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the kind words - the feeling is mutual, my dear! Last night was a wonderful time - a "trifecta of firsts!" Thank you for leading me through such a delicious journey. A fabulous meal with even better company! Safe travels, and we'll talk again soon...

    ReplyDelete