Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Chicka-Chicka Boom-Boom

Yes you are seeing the headline right, I opted to title this posting after the item on the menu I ordered last night. You cannot make this up, but I am getting ahead of myself and so let's roll back a bit and move forward.

This is the first time that I have been to Chuy's where a meal was the focus. Every other time I have been to Chuy's in the past has always been for Happy Hour and the main focus has been drinking margarita's and eating chips and salsa. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

The atmosphere in this restaurant is very colorful, bright, and spacious. Inside, the restaurant is divided into a number of different rooms. One of the rooms is the bar area where they have numerous TV's along the walls showing various sports games. There is free chips and all kinds of fresh vegetable and bean dip served out of the back of a converted Chevy convertible at happy hour. You can eat well and cheaply in Houston! But we were seated in the hubcap room (yes, look up!). The pace of the evening was leisurely and no rush. They are there to let you have a fun night and not feel rushed.
It was hot outside but after a tall glass of water, quickly filled again, we settled in for a night of good food and a lot of conversation. The past several restaurant experiences seem to be going on epic in length as I have seen dinners sail past 2 hours and often hitting 3 hours, yet never seem that long!

When we was first seated in the restaurant, we were given a basket of tortilla chips and a bowl of green chili sauce and a bowl of salsa. The chips were very light and crispy, and are probably the best chips that I have eaten in a long time. For my main meal, I went with the Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Enchiladas. This dish consisted of 2 chicken enchiladas refried beans and Mexican rice. The enchiladas were very tasty, and had a lot of white chicken meat inside of them.The green sauce that covered the enchilada sauce was very good, and a tiny bit spicy. Opted for the add-on taco and guacamole. Can you say YUM! Kayla opted for the Mexi-cobb salad and Chris went safe with Steak Fajita's. Margarita's were drink of choice for all.

Overall, it was a great experience capped off with an order of great Tres Leches and I would say Chuy's is one of the better TeX Mex restaurants in Houston.
Glad I had the chance to get here again. Tuesday I am treating the staff to lunch we will order in from a local favorite called La Madeleine, a French Country Cafe and oh their Rosemary Chicken is just awesome!

Oh yes, it is still hot and sticky and humid with heat index hitting 105, but hey, you still have to keep living...and oh I do!

1 comment:

  1. La Madeleine was one of my favorite places to eat. The Caesar Salade (their spelling, not mine) was so delicious! I loved when I bought the Rosemary chicken to take home, it spelled better almost than it tasted!

    ReplyDelete