Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Has It Been A Week?

Indeed it has since I was able to enjoy a lovely dinner that span nearly 4 hours with Lisa. I have known Lisa for several years and she is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. Born and raised in the Boston Area, she did some of her schooling in Kentucky before heading west to work at UW. I've known her through E&A and she is a member and has been a host plus an employee for a period of time as well. She is truly gold and a delight. Never a bad word and thus, I was in glee when I got her to use the word orgasm during dinner. Oh wait she also used the word Trifecta and got to experience several new foods.Granted, I have dined here with Michael and we loved it, but I wanted to allow Lisa to experience it for herself. Thus we began the evening with a Trimbach Riesling our of eastern France and she enjoyed that quite nicely. We shared a Fried Avocado Salad that is one of their signature dishes and I had a feeling we were off on the right foot.

Next up we decided to share a plate of the hush puppies with crab and then the fois gras plates arrived. Can you just jump to heaven and call it good? Decided to bring on the Quarto Mac & Cheese with crab and Lisa had a big grin on her face. Who knew. From there we hit the one bump of the night, their Scallops. Yes, they were huge and lovely, but just because we requested the Cilantro be held, the dish should not have come out flavorless. But live and learn.

We had been pacing ourselves and up next was the cheese course and for that I selected the Roquefort and the Appenberg. Two very different cheeses and yet so nice together. I'll add some more info on the cheeses tomorrow. Finally, it was time for dessert and for this we opted to try the chocolate and peanut butter tart. Quite lovely and also there was the Lemon tart I took home and she took the Maple home - how was it Lisa? So we had a most enjoyable experience and I know this is short, but hey, the details are here. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment