Sunday, August 22, 2010

So What Could Be In The Boxes?

Boy, Friday was all about stuff! Food came in and took over the freezer and then I was online checking mail and decided to see if any of my recent Amazon.com order had arrived. Well, it was shipped in two packages and poof, both had been delivered at 3:16pm and since it was like 5:37pm I knew I had a few minutes to run down and get them. Well, I did and so here they are all ready to be opened. And what did Chris go and buy? Well, I was cleaning up my calendar and tossing lists on post-its and on one there was an item left. Ghostbusters was on there. I like that movie, always have. Recently, I went through my library of DVD's and let go of a whole lot of them that I just don't want to keep or have not watched in like forever. Thus opening up some room. Recent additions include Big Fish, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (original, not remake that is called Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) and Bedknobs and Broomsticks. I just love Angela Lansbury. So last Sunday I ordered Ghostbusters I & II on a deal. Well, why there the site has that knack of making suggestions and so yes, I ordered a bank. Not just any bank but the Stay Puff Happy Man Bank. Not to be done quite yet, I had talked the night before with Moonsong and he was hosting a Julia Child birthday party and it made me realize I had never gotten my copy of Julie & Julia. Love Meryl Streep in that flick. So yup, clicked and ordered. Then it suggested I get a specially priced copy of Julia's Kitchen Wisdom. And I did. By this time I should be checking out. But then ponder if they have any glass bowls and they did, a set of 3 from Anchor Hocking for only $12.99. Great, done and done. Seriously, I should be done, but then for some reason I typed in the search bar: CHRISTMAS to see what would show up. Well, the first 6 pages were pretty boring and I should have accepted that and signed off, but Noooooooo! I have to click on page 7 and there is it. The item I never thought I would HAVE to have. Thankfully I did not get the full size version, but the 20" is sure fun and perfect for me. Yes, I am the proud owner of a replica of the infamous "Leg Lamp" from A Christmas Story. Everyone should have one. So as you can see the bank and lamp keeping rubber ducky company now that the flowers are gone. Who would have thought a movie from 1983 would be considered a classic already, but it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment