Thursday, August 19, 2010

Moose and Mounties, Ah Yes, It's Canada!

While the Mountie is a special person in the great white north, there is a love for the moose that transcend the border. But you gotta love the blend of the two here. But there is much more to Canada than meets the eye.

Recently our dear brothers & sisters to the north hosted the winter Olympic games and they were amazing. One of the hottest selling items was the mitts you see here. I am lucky enough to call a set mine. They were like $10 and everyone bought them to show their pride. It was real cool. Canadian Pride is all around and it is important to see and feel it.

So recently Helene sent a message to me about all the Canadians and shared the following, "Oh, dear. Moose, maple syrup, maple leaf, eh, hockey, curling. The pantheon of Canadiana. In the Closing Ceremony, there were huge inflatable Moose and Mounties.Oh, Mounties are part of the pantheon, too." It is all around and so I have to share, I love, love, love, everything Canadian except when the true Canadians (in British Columbia) get behind the wheel and drive. Then they are hell on wheels. It is just crazy. But when the national anthem is sung - "Oh Canada..." I get chills and then there is walking around Whistler during American Thanksgiving. Totally cool. So there you go just an observation of the pride a country can have. It does not take a major holiday or a special event. It can just be. Right on Canada. I am so looking forward to my next visit.

1 comment:

  1. I love Canada too! I love the mountie saying "We always get our man!" :-)

    ReplyDelete