Saturday, January 22, 2011

Candle & Fire Therapy

What is it about a burning candle that just is so relaxing. You kick back and just enjoy the moment. Tonight I have 18 candles burning around the apartment and the lights are dimmed. Totally mellow and going to enjoy the quiet evening with no worries. It is a real treat. There are those people who like to add the scented candle and that is not for me. I prefer the little tea-lights and unscented candles. White is my color of choice and am know to buy bags by the 100's from IKEA each autumn to take me through the winter. This winter, I am over halfway through my 800 stash. That does not include the pillar candles, go figure.

This week I realized that just as candles bring about that wonderful relaxing space, fire does the same thing. While at Discovery Bay and then Victoria, both Worldmark properties have gas fireplaces and as soon as we arrived the flames were going and it is just so relaxing. Again, this is just something that brings joy and calm to my world. Funny that it can be the simple things and it is just so fun to watch the flames dapple at the air and create different patterns. Oh to be able to kick back and relax. And yet, there is the moment when you just have to laugh. It is when you notice the plaque on the fireplace. And it was actually on both fireplaces and when you read it what can you say, other than DUH?

No comments:

Post a Comment