Saturday, January 29, 2011

Mick & Glo's

Glo (yes she was a real person) is no longer with us, but her name lives on in this funky diner on Capitol Hill. I love breakfast, so this is a place on my top 10 list. Their eggs Benedict is my favorite breakfast in the city. It's like they have a magician who poaches their eggs... They always come out perfect. Don't believe me, look below.Today is Mick's 47th birthday and so he got to pick where we went. I have to tell you the place seats like 38 people and we are always there before 8AM. If you do score one of the few small tables, the menu has great breakfasts for reasonable prices. I LOVE their various Egg Benedict variations, including the salmon one and the bacon one. Yum. Oh and the hash browns are the best in the city!

Yes, the place is small, noisy and not much room to move. But seriously, how many places do you know that has a grown man driving up from Long Beach, WA just for their Eggs Florentine? My sister loves the place, heck, I don't know anyone I have taken that does not love it. The only thing I don't like is having to wait for a long time for a table. Thankfully, I am an early riser!

No comments:

Post a Comment