Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 2 In Canada

This is what it is all about. Rest & relaxation. No commute, no alarms, no calls to worry about, just having a good night sleep. OK, so I did make an early call to Connie to wish her a happy 50th birthday. Finally got coffee made just before 7am and Markie joined the mix around 9ish.
Seriously, low key is the mood of the day as we welcomed Helene and here Markie caught our engaging chat. I just have to laugh as I spent the day in my "Guinness" loungers and it was a delight. Some work email stuff, but mostly haivng fun reading, posting to this blog, some TV and an afternoon nap was so needed.
This is a great picture of Markie and since I got it today from him, decided to add to this post. He and Helene went out to lunch at the Blue Crab and I stayed in for leftovers. I have to say, what Markie opted for lunch was interesting and can be seen below. Why yes, if you thought they looked like Crab Cupcakes you are right. Two crab cakes on a bed of tarter sauce and the purple "frosting" was actually whipped potatoes pipped on the cakes. Helene opted for fish & chips.
Tonight we are going to enjoy finishing some leftovers of bread and salad plus pork back ribs and then some cheese and fruit to cap off the evening. Homeward bound in the morning and then hello weekend. Yes, life is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment