Tuesday, January 4, 2011

TV Is Suffering & Sad

The holidays are over and now it is time to get back to "new" programing. I say alright, let's go for it. Alas, not to be. I have cable and if last night and tonight is any sign I am going to be getting a lot of reading in and will not have to worry about not getting enough sleep. What the heck happened? Did I grow up or is TV just going crazy on the whole reality TV show thing? Undercover Boss was a fun idea, but hello CBS, bet more than a few people know now and the plot line is repeating more than a bad episode of a comedy in August. Then I was amazed at the number of networks are having to go out and seek new on air personalities. From Food Network to HGTV, heck even Oprah and her new network are doing the same thing. Enough already. I can only wonder why but then of course, do I? It is all economics as these shows are cheap to put on the air. Oh well, I am going to get off my soapbox and go read a book. Have a good night.

1 comment:

  1. Probably the most intelligent and intriguing show we've found is Breaking Bad on AMC. Completely different than anything I've seen before, but it's going into the 4th season. We've been catching up to where we began (3rd season) with reruns. And of course there's always This Old House and Antiques Roadshow which are perennial favorites.

    So, what are you reading?

    ReplyDelete