Sunday, January 16, 2011

Welcome to My Office

This picture is taken at the door. There are two zebra chairs one is in full view and the other is in the lower right of this picture. My chair is behind the table. Yes, a table. I do not use a desk any more as I am pretty much paperless at the office.
I have a lot of trinkets in my office that represents all my various travels and also a lot of laughs. My current favorite is Mr. Stay-Puff made famous in "Ghostbusters" and yes that is a box of the actual marshmallows below him. They are caffinated! Oh my. As you look around you see all sorts of good times and fun memories.
Looking over to the left you see how I still love Portland with a print of all the bridges plus there is a great print a friend made of the Newport Bridge. Below that is a photo of Haystack Rock that Janet gave me last year as a present. She also was behind the Canadian flag. Yes, it has a proud spot in my office. OH CANADA! Next to that is a poem I have had for years.
And here is a close up of the chair and you can see the window holds countless items from trips to Australia and Europe as well as all over the states. Yes, I have been pretty lucky in this job and have seen a lot over the past nearly 13 years.
Yes, even more knick-knacks and there are several baseballs from Portland Rockies which is a team that no longer exists. Talk about making me feel old! But hey, I am in photos posing with a Koala Bear and then Big Ben in London and the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Hey Michael, I have been there you know! Lots of snow globes, but no glitter globes, I do not like them. Only snow globes.
And back around to the table with my computer. It is a fun office and yet it functions. Yes, in front of me is another tribute to Portland. You can take the boy out of the City of Roses, but you can't take the City of Roses out of the boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment