Sunday, October 3, 2010

Brunch at The Beach Chalet

Morning arrived and it was a delight to enjoy CBS Sunday Morning before gearing up to enjoy brunch with the boys. My last visit took me out to a restaurant right on the beach at the edge of Golden Gate Park. The restaurant is called The Beach Chalet and is a micro-brewery. But the brunch is to die for! Brian and johnny stopped by the hotel and picked me up. I have known the guys for years and we do enjoy getting together. Are they a cute couple or what? This was taken at the table which is on the 2nd floor of this great old building. We kicked off brunch with Pepper Bloody Bary's plus Six Beignets Served with Espresso-Baileys Crème Anglaise & Mixed Berry Compote Dipping Sauces. Coffee was included for johnny and myself. Oh yes, we ordered an extra order of the Espresso-Baileys Crème Anglaise as johnny loves the stuff. Can you just say delicious! Brian also got an order of the chowder to try. Main Course arrived soon thereafter and here is Mz. johnny thunder posing with his choice of the morning. It is lovely but let's go in for a close-up and see the delicious dish.Dungeness Crab Benedict based on the classic version and served complete with toasted Sourdough Bread, Béarnaise Sauce and yummy breakfast potatoes.Brian opted for the Chalet Burger which included Lettuce, Tomato, Pickled Onion, Garlic Aïoli, Sesame Bun, Fries and Brian decided to add Swiss Cheese. I was lucky enough to get the pickled onions and oh they were good. As you can see below, Brian is one happy camper! noting that noon had passed I decided to go safe and opted for the Classic Steak & Eggs with the steak medium rare and eggs scrambled. There was Béarnaise Sauce, Breakfast Potatoes & Sourdough Toast. Yes, it was a good meal that took me through the day. There is actually nothing more to be said.OK, so I should try and share why this picture below is even here. I do take a lot of pictures at meals and do well to remain behind the camera, but the boys told me if I did not take a picture of me then they would steal my camera and do horrible things with it. See, I still have it. Whew!Once they dropped me off I made my way to T-Mobile to have a very frustrating discussion with staff that would not give me a phone number with my area code and claimed that they could not help me with getting my old number. I found out back in Bellevue that these workers were just lazy. Boy, sad for them, I took names down and am writing T-Mobile just what happened and it seems that I do have a very good memory folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment