Monday, October 4, 2010

Lunch Lessons To Be Learened!

So I worked at the office today and it was a busy day. In the afternoon I took my two event coordinator's to lunch. Funny, I had to laugh in that I made it clear I was ordering the Calf's Liver Steak with Grilled Onions and Bacon. It was amazingly delicious to be sure and just under $20.

Now where I went to school and was trained, I learned that you follow the lead of the host and you should order food that is equal or less than the host. Well, my staff missed that lesson. I was just amazed to see that first up my newest employee ordered Lobster Thermidor Baked in the Shell with potato, vegetables and a cup of chowder. It was nearly double what I picked and the other decided to go for Avocado and Bay Shrimp Diablo with Rice, en Casserole and a cup of chowder. Again a good 50% over my order. Too funny. Oh how times have changed and in the end they ate the chowder but kept a good chunk of the main course home for dinner later.

No comments:

Post a Comment