Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Errands, Lists and Life

There are days when I start this blog and know that people are going WTF? as they begin to read, but keep reading and the above phone will make sense. Promise. So I get home from work and realize that the past two nights have been social focused. Additionally, I realize that I have been battling a cold bug or something. The energy level is down. But there is little time to let it all merge and move on. So I figure that it is a home alone night and that is fine. Thus, as I walk in the apartment I get the stock heating up so I can have soup later, but then turn and the dishwasher gets emptied and loaded again so the kitchen gets back to looking good again. Pull the load out of the dryer and have the washer running. Then I get to making a list of what needs done.

Up first is the new cell phone. I need to program in all the old numbers and yet I owe three calls to people: Mom, Janet and Michael. All get done and at the same time I keep adding more things to the list of to do's and the soup is calling for me to stop and enjoy. What can I say, I bailed on the cell phone, oh how I yearn for the days when we had the rotary dial phones that were simple and we had the phonebook nearby to use. Yes, long distance was insane but oh how simple things were. Yes, I know we can't go backwards, but still, I am going to have to set aside several hours to get this new phone up and running. Maybe tomorrow. OK, let's be real, likely this weekend. Speaking of lists, I have a page for errands to be run and a list of calls to be made plus a list of tasks that need to get done. Mind you this is all to happen in addition to having breakfast with Mick on Saturday as we have not been able to connect since last month plus seeing Helene on Sunday for brunch at a place called Barrio and there may be Catan in my future. What I do know is that I need to be focused as this is the last weekend at home until mid-November. And so it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment