Saturday, October 16, 2010

Slumbering Saturday

Ah yes, the week is history and this morning the city is swathed in fog and a cold front has temps dipping into the 30's. Markie is up early and doing a rather unique errand. For miles, he is flying to St. Louis and back with about an hour on the ground. What he'll do to keep his Gold MVP status. He mentions he needs a job, but I have to wonder when does he have time to work. He has been at the beach and finishing his scissor lift to be able to take a friend up 20 feet in the air for dinner. My oh my.

But as for me, I delayed breakfast with Mick until 8:30 this AM and then we enjoyed catching up on what has been going on as we have not had breakfast in three weeks. It will be another three until we get to do it again. As Mick settles into living alone again, I decided to use the day to get a lot of chores caught up. After a wandering drive back home to see the new Starbucks up on Capital Hill I went by to see where Helene and I are having brunch tomorrow. Once home I collected a couple of chairs downstairs to use for Catan tomorrow. The office is getting to be more and more empty and they have now moved the package closet down to the anti-room in the office area. Heck, apts. are sitting empty long enough now that they have begun to stage them to try and move them. Not a good sign. Hey folks, drop the rents, the place is showing its' age! A coat of paint is not enough.

Up in the apt. I got the rest of the laundry done and caught up on New Yorkers while a nap was part of the day's unfolding. Halloween and Autumn are now in place and I got cards done and packages prepped. Files sorted and a whole list of chores got tossed. And yes, a whole new one got created. It never ends. There is a lot I want to get done in the next 10 days before I fly to St. Louis. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment