Sunday, February 24, 2013

And the winner is...

Tonight is the 85th Annual Academy Awards.  I know I will likely watch some of it.  The red carpet ahead of time is always fun to see.  The glamour of Hollywood shows up and there is to be some special moments in tonight's broadcast - which is actually on the early side as we see it live on the west coast.  I am taking this day to kick back and relax.  It is unusual in that when Moonsong comes over to clean - I disappear and go and do errands of head up for my favorite bluff on Magnolia and watch the ferries, but this day I stayed in and have puttered on the computer and drank some coffee.  I did my very best to stay out of his way.  I am not quite back to 100% and yes tomorrow is Monday so will try and make it off to work.

I may take in a movie or two today.  My sister gave me a lovely gift for Valentine's Day - a movie called "Mirror Mirror" and that is on the que.  Mirror Mirror is a 2012 comedy fantasy film based on the fairy tale "Snow White" by the Brothers Grimm. It is directed by Tarsem Singh and stars Lily Collins, Julia Roberts, Armie Hammer, Nathan Lane, and Sean Bean.  The name derives from the words that the Wicked Queen uses to address her Magic Mirror: "Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?". In honor of the day - The film received an Academy Award nomination for Best Costume Design.  An evil queen steals control of a kingdom and an exiled princess enlists the help of seven resourceful rebels to win back her birthright.

No comments:

Post a Comment