Friday, February 15, 2013

I Really Used to Like The Times

So last month I called to cancel my subscription and April was supposedly ever so helpful and assisted me in canceling my subscription.  My last paper was delivered on Thursday, January 10th.  I was told a refund would be processed for the remaining days and that if I choose to, I could just put my subscription on a "vacation hold" at first offered - 6 months and then 8 months - and I declined.  End of call and on we go.  Or so I thought. 

The following Monday, the 14th I was more than surprised to see that my account had been dinged for $54.94 for the month's invoice for service through mid-February.  Thus, a call was placed and I spoke first with Angelia and since she was not at all helpful and in fact told me I was not correct in what I asked for the prior week, I requested to speak to a supervisor.  This is when I got Rose.  She informed me that I was on a vacation hold and that if I had further questions to just ask.  I asked.  I asked why if I declined not once, but twice to not have a vacation hold done, but rather a complete cancellation of service why was this not done. 

Rose reviewed my account and informed me that she had gone in and canceled my account and that I would be refunded the full credit back to January 11th, but that it would have to be done in two steps and the first part had my subscription being completely canceled effective January 18th which was the earliest she could do it with their system.  But the second part is since I had no papers delivered since the 11th, I would get credit for all those as well, unless I wanted to make a donation to the school fund.  No, I did not in this instance.  I was getting ticked.  I was also informed that the credit would appear in 7-14 business days.

So I just happened to look at my account this day, a full 20 business days since my chat with Rose and not only is there no refund, but I have been dinged again for another month of service!  Seriously.  I called and got Angel this day.  She was quite sarcastic and told me I was in error.  No Angel, I was not.  Requested to speak to someone else and after a hold time of over 6 minutes - boy what great customer service - I got Sage.  Seriously, you gotta love the names of these people.  So Sage tells me that even though all my story fits with the notes in the system, it was done incorrectly and so she was going to fix it, but that indeed it would take 7-14 business days to show on my account, but that she would try and expedite it since it was their fault.  And yes, this time I requested a confirmation number for all this so I have further fodder for a fire if there needs to be one.  So I pledge here and now NEVER to subscribe to their home delivery service again!

No comments:

Post a Comment