Tuesday, February 12, 2013

What A Day!

Last night I made Smoked Andouille Sausage and roasted brussel sprouts for dinner - mighty tasty. Tonight I am deciding what I am going to do with some of my favorite tuna. Perhaps with peas in an Alfredo sauce. There is also some cole slaw to be made and enjoyed. Yes, I am having fun getting back in the kitchen and this weekend I do think the crock pot is going to be brought out and tested - Thank you Jodie and Rob. Happy Mardi Gras to all and may you have a ball in doing whatever you decide to do.

The day started off fair enough.  Quiet and not a lot going on.  Mark, who is in town this week, did not show up at the opening moment and that was a good thing.  But then it happened...at 8:27am.  All of a sudden our internet goes out and soon we were getting calls from other cities.  First Dallas, then Phoenix followed by San Francisco.  It was driving me crazy.  All the usual fixes were not working.  And then it was discovered that a former employee, who happens to be the owner's nephew, was in charge of converting multiple offices over to a new phone and internet provider and this happened to be the day when the old company stopped service on a lot of the offices. 

Well, we were royally screwed for nearly two hours and are still doing trouble shooting to make sure all the bumps are smoothed over.  It was not a pretty sight and I was especially not pleased to be informed that "I should have been looking over his shoulder!"  WHAT?!  No, I refuse to take the hit on this one.  He was glowing praise on Steven for how smooth the transition had been compared to when I did it two years ago.  But, of course, I am the one who had to step in and get things fixed.  Several phone calls later, things got smoothed out or at least in process thereof.  But let me tell you, am I glad that I am polishing up that resume.

The day is about over and I  will head home to watch The State of the Union Address this evening.  It will be interesting to see how it goes.  Always something and with the news events of the past two days it is going to be sure to have some pop to it.  I do enjoy when the President gives a good speech, but there are times he can be a tad long winded.

No comments:

Post a Comment