Saturday, February 16, 2013

Get A Clue

Saturday started out as a fully packed scheduled day.  This was a good thing for many reasons and in due course, my groceries were delivered by 8:30am by one of my favorite delivery guys from Amazon Fresh.  They got packed away and so then proceeded to watch the movie, "In My Shoes" which is funny and sad and heck anything with Shirley Maclaine in it is gonna be a good time.  So about 11:05am I get a phone call and it is none other than Mick of Mick & Bret who have invited me over at noon for lunch and a game of Catan.  He called to cancel as he had a bad head cold and Bret's face was swollen from dental surgery two days prior.  Now come on people, don't you think that maybe, just maybe you would have thought a call a while ahead might be in order?!  So there I am stuck with a bag of chips and guacamole and no where to go until 4pm.  So I took advantage of the time and enjoyed a nice nap and time to read.  The chips and guac will find a home at the office on Monday for the staff.  And Mick wonders why I do not meet up with them too much, because they do not practice good social manners very often.  This is not the first time of a short cancel, or perhaps inviting you over and then sitting in front of the TV, drinking a bottle of wine and pretty much ignoring you for the night - yes that has happened.  I do think it is time for some filtering to be going on.

So I got ready at about 3:30pm and headed over to Ballard for munchies and games at Jodie & Rob's place.  We played several games and by the end of the 6th game we were gamed out, but it was a lot of fun playing "The Game of Life" plus a bizarre version called "The REAL Game of Life" and then there was something called "Bill of Life" that we decided to stop playing within 15 minutes it was just too weird and then we got into playing Clue.  I had not played it in years.  What fun we had.
Instead of a big dinner, Jodie had created a series o appetizers and they were quite nice.  Up first was a cheese plate and then prosciutto wrapped asparagus which was followed by crab and spinach stuffed mushrooms.  The finale was a chocolate cup filled with chocolate mousse and topped with fresh fruit.  I bit intense for my tastes.  We enjoyed cocktails, but you can so tell we are getting older in that the evening was over and I was home by 9pm.

I should mention that after I enjoyed the sausage and cole slaw the other evening I got creative and made a sort of vegetable goulash with meat.  It was onions, hamburger, carrots, peas in a tomato and garlic sauce.  As a last minute surprise I added some half & half and that gave it a delightful pop.  That proved to be dinner for Thursday and Friday.  So what is on tap for Sunday?

No comments:

Post a Comment