Sunday, February 3, 2013

Super Bowl Sunday or Catan - Hmmm!

Ah yes, today is the all day TV spectacle called the Super Bowl.  Tickets are being sold for obscene prices and parties are being planned around the country and even around the world.  It is amusing.  Commercials are a huge part of the TV event.  There are a few of us who do not eat, sleep and live the football ordeal, and in fact, several of us are gathering to play Catan.  Sadly, one person who was going to join us has canceled to stay home and watch the "Big Game" and I know darn well he is not a football fan.  My sister will be watching to honor my Dad, he was a huge 49er's fan. 

Tomorrow will arrive and the critiques will begin and everyone will see that it is just another Monday.  Alas, we will be on the road to next Sunday which is Chinese New Year celebrating the year of the Snake.  I have a feeling that the International District will be a tad crazy next weekend.  Oh it will be fun to avoid the crowds and just kick back and relax.  Here is to enjoying the game and may the best team win!

But before the sun sets, I need to share a few thoughts now that it is nearly evening.  First, the Sushi buffet that we all enjoyed on Friday night was amazing and needed to be acknowledged.  Jodie and Rob headed home after dinner and Michael and I got to have some alone time to chat and share historical stories.  Amazingly, my tush had no pain Friday night nor the rest of the weekend - YAY!  Saturday had Michael heading home and I got all the chores out of the way to enjoy the rest of the day on Slo-Mo! 

Today was a real nice paced day and yes, once again, I won the first game of Catan and almost won the second game - one turn away...but you know, it is all about the fun and it seems some do not just play for fun - and you need to.  They all headed home and I have been slumbering and relaxing and the game is not that great in my humble opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment