Monday, February 11, 2013

Another Monday Arrives

Why do the weekends have to fly by ever so quickly. It is just not right. Saturday arrived quite nicely with the city swathed in a deep fog. It somehow gives me an energy that I cannot explain. I was up getting chores completed and by 10am I had all necessary things done and the day laid out in front of me. Even though I had Moonsng arriving Sunday to clean, I found that I still needed to handle the garbage and recycling plus laundry and dishes. Some things just can't wait another day. On Saturday I also enjoy catching up with friends and this day was no different. A couple of friends back east seemed to be surviving the winter blizzard quite nicely and were not among those that lost power. Connie has a cat who was enjoying the snow and seeing her paw prints in it. Doug, a friend from Alaska, is living out a dream. He is living in Manhattan for 5 months. He went there in December and will head back to Anchorage in late April. He is having a ball taking in the shows, museums, concerts, galleries, etc. He started in one sublet and now is in another.

My friend Ani in California continues the process of going through years, no make that decades, of papers, magazines, etc. from her father. He died last month at the age of 93 and he was a mild hoarder to say the least. She is stunned by the fact that the attic had not collapsed with all the stuff that he had put up there that she did not know about. Plus there is the garage and his study and bedroom, it is a mess. She is having a real challenge due to the dust and rat droppings, not a pretty sight. It only confirms that what I am doing is the right thing when all is said and done.

Sunday started out just the same as Saturday but the sun poked out by mid-morning to the point I had to draw the blinds so as not to bake too much. As the city was swallowed in a dense fog bank I took time to enjoy the morning and my favorite TV program - CBS Sunday Morning. Moonsong arrived to clean just before 9am. As I shared yesterday, I was then off on a mission to see about apartment availability and if they have a vibe I liked. After my return, it was time to have some lunch and a favorite of Sunday afternoons, a nap. A couple of friends called during the afternoon and soon the blinds were raised to allow in the view.

Over the weekend I watched three movies and enjoyed the break for the noise of commercials. I am getting more and more drawn to the idea of letting TV go when I move. I find so much of what I watch available online now and it will be one less annoyance. If I do decide to do that then I would likely go to a faster internet connection. Ah the roll of tele-communications in our lives and how I embrace some and yet reject others, like smart phones. Even though Damon gave me an iphone I still use my simple flip hone.

This week Breitenbush gathering is happening and I must share that I really do not miss going. Have not been in a couple of years and in fact, I was to host next year and have now removed myself as host in that I do not know what I was thinking. It is 2014 and thus the winter Olympics. I am an Olympic whore to be quite honest and so will step back. May return in 2015, but we shall see. I do so look back and enjoy the memories but what it was is now gone and while I have many friendships from there, I also know I seemed to get sick every time I went up there. That was no fun.
 
And so we continue on with a new week, one that started with quite the shocker of the Pope stepping down at the end of the month.  I must say I do hope whoever is chosen will be willing to accept gay people for who they are and not wish them dead.  That just seems so wrong to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment