Friday, February 22, 2013

The Best Laid Plans

Sometimes they get side-tracked.  I was talking to my sister on the phone Thursday evening after I had cooked my chicken breasts very simply with poulty seasoning and put over a bed of lettuce.  As we talked I shared I was just not feeling 100% and was feeling like my head was getting all stuffy.  She suggested a hot shower and snorting some hot water up the nose to help.  I tried, but it was rather odd to say the least.  After that I crawled into bed and slept very roughly all night.  It was not pretty as I felt worse this morning.  But I forged ahead and got ready for work and off I went.

By 11am I was waiving the white flag of surrender as I was FREEZING at the office and I had a sweater on.  It was not fun.  So sent out final messages and headed for home.  Now, the first thing I can tell you is that I was sick in that I do not remember getting home and yet I somehow managed to stop and get a prescription at Walgreen's on Mercer Island.  Once home I was in bed by 11:30am and the heat was set at 75 in the apartment and I was covered up with not only the quilt but the three blankets in the closet - mind you this never happens.  Yes, by now my fever had soared to 100.7 and I was miserable.  Other than getting more water and using the bathroom I slept right through to 6pm.  After a couple of hours and a sad attempt to eat food which should not have been tried, I was back asleep for the night and only awoke when yes, it happened, my fever broke and I started sweating like a bull moose (do they really sweat?).  Went through both sets of sheets twice...the washer/dryer were going like crazy to keep up.  But hey, the fever broke.

Needless to say Markie and I did not have cocktails and dinner on Friday and as I am finally getting to this post on Sunday, I can share that Helene did not come over either on Saturday.  In fact, I pretty much slept along until about noon Saturday and then read and watched a couple of movies and some TV.  Yup, the whole weekend took a turn for something completely different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment