Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Honk The Horn...

and shut the front door.  Don't know which would show I am happier!  Showed up at the dealership this morning at 6:50am and was ready to pay a small fortune for a new horn.  Everything costs a lot whenever you have to have it done at a dealership.  Just the nature of the beast.  I have been lucky in the two plus years of owning the Kia Soul, it has been pretty much no problem.
But, I did have an issue with the horn.  It would sometimes work and sometimes not.  How very frustrating, especially when a car is deciding to merge into your lane without looking!  So this morning was my time to address that issue and get it fixed.  Off I went and was prepared for the worst.  And in the end, I am a happy camper.  Completely changed out the horn unity and that is not an easy, nor cheap, item and there was no charge.  I had a bill for a total of $46.36 which included the horn change out and a complete lube and oil change.  Heck, they even washed the car.  Gotta love that, especially in the rain!
I picked up the Kia Soul in Gray Titanium a couple of years ago and it is broaching 25,000 miles and it has been a great little car that is most comfortable.  It has made the trip to see Mom several times, schlepped a heck of a lot of liquor from California to Washington for me and friends as well as making several trips to the SW Washington coast.  Add in the fun trips to Portland and all about the Puget Sound area and well the miles do rack up.  So now I have a happy car and that in turns makes me a happy guy.  BTW, for those that know the Kia commercials, the dealership actually had a cage with hamsters in it - Yes, I laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment