Monday, February 4, 2013

February Pondering

Winter lends itself as a time for reflecting and seeing what we are doing and where we are going. It can be a real challenge for some, and others embrace it. I know several friends who want to ignore the whole thing and even a few who mock me for going through all the sorting and releasing. They sense that I am doing it just to add more to my life space and they could not be further from the truth. It is a continued process in that more and more stuff comes into your life and if not managed in some way it can consume you. I have to say that I see it as refreshing. I do not know if I mentioned last week but now that friends have gone through the kitchen items, I am boxing up the balance and taking it to a women's shelter. They are always in need as women go out and begin their lives again. I have to thank my sister for that suggestion.
 
So yes, I am using this month to do a lot of pondering and am pleased that I can take the weekends to be slow motion and allow for time of pondering and reflection.  Next weekend includes celebrating The Year of the Snake.  I am going to celebrate Chinese New Year by hiding in my apartment. May venture across the street for some Chinese, but that is it. Just too crazy out in the neighborhood. Then two days later is Mardi Gras and then Valentine's Day plus President's Day. Boy, talk about a lot happening. Oh and while we have President's Day, Canada has a brand new holiday this year - Family Day and I guess it is only British Columbia that is celebrating it next Monday, the 11th, while the rest of the country is celebrating it on the 18th of February. Yes, I have to keep up on the holidays for my work, but it also makes me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment