Thursday, February 7, 2013

Friday Eve - Let the Weekend Begin

There is something to be said for the concept of an "eve" such as Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve and now I have taken to calling Thursday - Friday Eve. Why? Well, it makes that magical moment of Friday afternoon all the more reachable and takes the edge off the work week. Monday and Tuesday are always challenges and then if I get through Wednesday I feel like I can get through the week as I have to just get along and pace myself through Friday Eve and thus my week will be complete. There is very little that gets me more frustrated than trying to count down 5 working days. Granted having the owner here earlier made for a bit of a challenge, but he is gone and I am able to get a lot done.
The masses at a Comic-Con Convention - this one San Diego
If the above is confusing, don't worry, read on...I was more than amused in that he sent me in a rush yesterday a message about Comic-Con (if you do not know what this is just Google it and be scared!) registration that happens next week. Told me to get it out right away to the members so that we can create a group to the event. So I send it out and sure enough, about 5 people are interested whereas he thinks there was going to be a huge response. NOT! Well, I sent it out and yes a few are interested, but what it created was a blinding number of emails from people asking to be removed and why are they still getting the emails from the company, etc. I was more than amused. This is what happens and it is every time we send out a mass email to members and well, it creates more work than he would ever think. I will have great joy in sending him his list of members who are going to this event and letting him make it all happen.
So last night I had a most "all American" dinner. Two all beef hot dogs in bun with mayo, mustard and coleslaw. It was amazingly satisfying. I do not eat hot dogs often and had a real hankering for them. Since I had been consuming so much chicken and fish the past few days it was a nice change of pace. Hebrew National are mighty fine hot dogs and I refuse to get anything else. The evening proved to be mellow and yet productive as I continue to plan for the move. It is now almost certain I will move. There were a few days there I thought my current situation might stand, but I seem to have ruffled a few feathers when I called the current management company on a Craigslist posting where they were offering an apt. of the same square footage and all of mine for over $200 cheaper. I copied and sent asking why? Yup, not a response at all. And so I continue to sort, pack and take comfort in the fact that when the end of next month arrives, I will not be in a rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment