Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Humping the Hump Day

Today began with a text message from the owner in Chicago at 4am my time requesting something that I specifically asked about two days ago and was told not to worry about it. Then poof - time to worry. This is how the opening of the Chicago office has gone. It was too rushed, too soon and now there are glaring mistakes that have to be addressed. Oh, like the fact that we don't have a business licence in Chicago yet!! It only gets better.
I have had to really let go of this whole thing and only laugh harder. I refuse to let it get the best of me and I surly do not wish to get crunchy!  Alas, it is Wednesday and I look forward to having Michael arrive on Thursday evening. It will give the weekend a bit of an early kick, even if I do have to come into the office on Friday. But then, the weekend.  Jodie and Rob will join us for dinner on Friday night.  Will likely either be Japanese or Chinese. 
Got my haircut this day and was quite amused that all the other people in the shop were talking about was the Super Bowl and if there was going to really be a chicken wing shortage this weekend - SERIOUSLY! Please, help me. I am not a sports fan - yes, I know it is hard to even think that way - but really, I just do not see myself sitting there for all that time. Yes, the commercials do may one laugh, but I fear I will not be among the masses who rush to a bar or head to some one's house for a party. Just really do not care about the game that much.
Now that my oxygen reading test is done after two days I do think I should have a good night's sleep. Who knew that a device on your finger all night could keep you waking up, but it did. I look forward to a full and restful sleep. Dinner will likely be chicken or tuna, not sure which way I am going to venture forth. Likely by the time I get home I will have a better idea. I have been a home cook all week for all my meals and it is just fine. When I looked back and saw how much money I was spending on dining out or ordering food in - my GOD! I have saved hundreds of dollars this month and that is a good thing. What are you having for dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment