Thursday, January 24, 2013

Is It The Weekend Yet?

I did enjoy the trip to Portland last week, but I shall also enjoy my weekend at home this weekend - ALONE! OK, so Sunday morning Moonsong will come to clean and I do believe that is when I shall do one of my favorite mini-adventures. I drive down to Tacoma and board the ferry down there for Vashon Island. Then I drive the length of the island and take the ferry back to West Seattle. May see if my friends are in town who live out there and stop by to say hello. It is quite relaxing and a great way to enjoy a few hours of zoning out.  Sunday night Markie will be coming over for dinner.  He will see just how much the apartment changes when Christmas gets packed up.

Saturday will be a day of packing up as I mentioned and seeing how things stand in the large closet. I am feeling quite good about how I have let go of so much stuff and yet there is still a lot of crap to go through. A move is good for the soul. You can really refocus on what is important. As for the books, there will be travel books and biographies, Christmas books and a few fiction, but not a big fan of fiction. There will be some others for sure. They will all be heading to the library.  I am so enjoying bringing a sense of simplicity and manageability to my surroundings.

These actions actually open up time for me and allow for me to reach out to friends and reconnect with people who have been out of touch for a while. Life changed completely last year and it has made me realize all the more how much I need to refocus. It was jump started last fall when I cut my vase collection by more than half. It was getting out of control and the top ledge around the kitchen was growing full. Now, it is completely empty and I have selected 10 pieces that I really like and they are displayed on the bottom shelf of the credenza by the dining table.

No comments:

Post a Comment