Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Not Trying To Be A Broken Record, But...

It is so frustrating to realize that you are not valued as employee after 15+ years of service to a firm. He tells me how valuable I am and then turns around and does not do a 5% or even 10% cut, no, let's go for the grand slam. It is going to hurt no doubt and oh how I want to just walk away, but that is not an option right now for one primary reason = insurance. After last year's experience of $1.25 million hospital stay, it proved just how important it really is. Funny, my co-worker who is the controller, and I have a short meeting each day and we realize it is to get each other through the day. She is so ready to walk out the door and yet we both have the same two factors working against us right now = weight and age.
This afternoon I have my weigh-in at Dr. Lindquist and then Damon and I will head over to some friend's house so he can work on their computers. I will go along for the social element. He has been doing some work while he is here and that is a good thing. Always good to earn some money while on vacation per se. Tomorrow we have a mellow evening and the Friday we will go see "Book of Mormon" which I have only heard positive things about. 
 
Saturday morning my friend Sandy stops by and gets the tree and it heads south to Longview. We will head south to Portland after lunch with Sandy, Rob & Jodie. Likely going to do Chinese which is a favorite across the street. Down in Portland there will be dinner with my sister and maybe a friend Darlene. She lost a very dear friend recently and so it will be nice to take her out for dinner. We will spend the night at a hotel and then Sunday brunch with friends and a quick visit with some others before heading back north.
Monday is going to be quite the day with Obama's 2nd inauguration plus MLK, Jr. Day and that evening I am hosting a couple of friend's for dinner and then the playing of the first game on a vintage board game - Gay Monopoly. It was a Christmas present from Damon and it has never been used before. It was made over 20 years ago and had to be pulled from store shelves as Parker Brothers was not happy about it. The gay version was put out by "Parker Sisters" and that really pissed off the original company. Anywho, it should be fun and then Damon heads home on Tuesday morning. The 10 day visit spanning 2 weekends was a tryout this time and works out quite nicely. Just not sure when the next visit will be. Now that Florida trip is canceled, guess I will have some time on my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment