Friday, January 25, 2013

TGIF - Let The Resting Begin

Tonight I am going to make a casserole of ground turkey, chopped asparagus with Alfredo sauce plus noodles. Simple and yet warm for the winter months. It will tie me over for a couple of meals. Weekend brunches are fun in that I usually make eggs and a breakfast meat on Saturday while Sunday will be lox & bagels with whipped cream cheese and capers. Sunday night Markie will be coming to dinner as I make one of my signature dishes which is roasted pork loin over root vegetables. Likely going to make coleslaw with that. Using up a lot of the leftover veggies in my frig and cleaning out the shelves a lot of stuff that has been sitting around a while. Yes, it is all about the move coming up and I want to have it be as easy as possible.

So today, we hired a new person in Phoenix to do events. Our website went down yesterday for over an hour and that was not a good thing. The job is just not fun anymore and thus I have taken time to begin updating my resume and also, starting next week, I am going to begin taking some items home from work. I have a lot of stuff there and figure I can start and just take a few things a week so it is not as noticeable. All about thinking forward and moving on.

Last night I realized that there are numerous items in the kitchen I have not used in ages. Yup, they are going to be going out the door as well.  As I was consolidating more Christmas stuff to the dining table last night it hit me just how much stuff I have and so it will also be going through a trimming down process as I pack it all away tomorrow. I have enjoyed the process of slowly moving all the decorations to the one central location. It is really making the rest of the space seem so much more simple. I need to touch base with my dear friend Helene who now lives up in Vancouver. She gave me that fabulous queen size bed frame and I want to know if she would like it back or if I should sell as I am going to invest in a king size bed in the near future.

Yes, I do like my drive adventures and the one I will do this Sunday is a favorite. Other than winter, I enjoy driving up to Mt. Rainer. The car now has 26,000 miles on it after having it about two and a half years. It is going in for routine maintenance on the 6th. Try and keep it in good working order. It is a comfortable car to drive and zips along just fine. May have to make a trip north to Canada soon as well.  There are several items that are going to be gifted to various people prior to the move. All about making it as simple and stress free as possible. And so I send you big hugs and wish you all a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment