Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Power of White Noise

Last night and tonight I have to have this oxygen meter thing on my finger for a test.  The sleep doctor just wants to be sure that I am sleeping and getting enough oxygen.  Hey, not a problem, except for the fact that I am so not used to having anything on my hands and thus the rubber cap on my finger kept waking me up all night.  I am hoping that tonight will go better.

White noise sure plays a role in my sleep.  For the past week my air filter was off due to getting replacement filters.  I noticed that my sleep was not as sound or deep.  Well, Sunday it was back up and running and makes a simple sound that is not overly loud or invasive.  It does zone out all the outside noises and makes for better sleep.  You would think that a steady noise would disrupt and yet quite the opposite. 

I know of people who use various sounds of nature and such, but those do not cut it for me.  Now, a wonderful rainfall hitting the windows sure does help in getting me to sleep.  Love that sound.  But it is just not the same when they have it on those nature CD's to play.  I know, have had a couple over time.  But you know sometimes it just takes a steady "drone" in the background and sleep comes quick and solid.  Now, just get rid of that dang rubber meter on my finger...only one more night.

No comments:

Post a Comment