Thursday, January 17, 2013

Not The Best Of Days

So if you have not quite picked up, this has not been the best of weeks for me.  A couple of bright moments have been Damon visiting plus the good news from Dr. Lindquist and the anticipation of both tomorrow night's show and then heading to Portland for the weekend. 

Only a couple of times in my working career have I EVER slammed the door on my office.  Today was one of those rare times.  It totally shocked the staff, and yet I was livid.  I do not like office politics and yet somehow, I get to be in the middle of them all too often.  I have just about had it. 

Drove home and was in a bit of a foul mood to the point that there was some tension between Damon and myself.  It allowed for us to have a civil, yet heated discussion and in the end we see that we have different backgrounds and thus different perspectives on things.  Not wrong, just different.  We were able to go ahead and enjoy the evening and I must say watching The Daily Show with Jon Stewart as well as The Colbert Report does bring a smile to my face.

Tonight's dinner was a tuna noodle casserole with peas in an Alfredo sauce.  Damon loves tuna and it is the 2nd time this week we have indulged in it.  Tomorrow will be a simple dinner before theatre.  A real treat awaits us on Saturday morning of lox and bagels with tomato, lettuce, cream cheese and capers.  Yes, sometimes food is a great mind break, but in moderation!

No comments:

Post a Comment