Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I Wish I Was An Echinoderm.

As I try and find time to breath I came across an entry in a blog and thought I would share. At times, it would make life so much more simple...

I wish I was an echinoderm.

That's my dream.

You could think of an echinoderm as a sloth of the sea. Sea Urchins, sea stars, and starfish. They have no brains, just a ring like nerve system. Moving almost motionless across the ocean floor searching for food like kelp and dead things they happen to crawl upon. Crawling along with out a care, just eating and crawling. A sea star, the largest of the echinoderms, will haul ass after a snail at a snail’s pace following the slime trial. I watched on the TV this unfolding of events, in fast motion, the snail slinking along just in front of the sea star, the sea star was ever so slightly faster. Then the snail was just escargot.

Echinoderms don't have to pay bills, or find someone to date, or have the McPherson struts replaced in their car, or code a computer program in Visual Basic, or refill their Loreazopam prescription, or have old guys at the bar ask you if you want to be in a three-way or fourgy with them, or cry out to a God they've never seen, or fix a nuclear magnetic resonance spectrometer with a rubber band.

Do echinoderms suffer the pain of indecision? Do they fantasize about a life that doesn't so closely resemble hell?

But I suppose they can't appreciate how a double butterscotch cafe mocha with whipped cream is a cup of liquid bohemian Zen. Thick and hot, bitter and salty, yet sweet and frumious, like a Bandersnatch. A caffeinated orgasm of art. Each cup made one at a time by the hand of Rob, the hansom coffee monger, thick blond hair, big blue eyes, deep resonating voice, dark ruby lips, smooth pale skin. A little of this. Some of that. Could you make a pentagram with the whipped cream? Fabulous. Best served with an accompaniment of chatter about sex or food or sex with food or whatever. Okay, I really don't know if a Bandersnatch is sweet, anymore than I know if I'd really like being an echinoderm.

-- Brad

The visit to the doctor yesterday went VERY well and had some interesting components. Lost 5.8 pounds and that was a fine transition from the past 4 months. Back on track and moving forward in spite of all that is going on. Additionally, Dr. Lindquist shared that if I had not gotten back in the swing, he feared I would not survive 5 more years. That was a bit of a shock and a wake-up call. I have come a long way, but I have a long way to go. Additionally, I have been asked to speak to the nursing staff at Swedish Hospital and go over the various items that can assist bariatric patients. Should be interesting. Enjoyed last night at Heather & Deb's place and Damon got a lot of work done on their computers. He is developing quite the business network up here which is good in that it keeps him coming back and I get to enjoy the benefit of that. Appears he will be returning at the end of March.

No comments:

Post a Comment