Thursday, March 21, 2013

15 Years Have Passed

Since I went to work for the first time at Events & Adventures.  Oh how things have changed.  When I started we did not have a website, it was all done via printed calendar.  What a hassle.  The opportunity to travel has been one of the prime reasons I have stayed so long.  Twice to Australia and there have been 5 trips to Europe.  Numerous trips around the US and of course Canada!  We have grown from two offices to nine and it is an ever growing challenge.  It is quite the marker and yet I know inside it is time to consider moving on.  That being said I continue to think about all that has happened this week.

I am calming down and last night was able to hash it out a bit with conversations with my sister and a couple of friends. Provided some great perspective. It seems in my work history I have fallen into my last three work situations and so why not another. How am I feeling? Amazed, confused, stunned, happy, excited, scared, freaked out a bit = all these and then some. But with a few days now to step back I have begun assembling a list of questions. Did hear back that Tim has adjusted his schedule to be back out here next month, a hell of a lot sooner than planned. It appears we are going to be having a conference call and if all goes well, then I will fly back to Boston for the next step. They see planned start to be in the July-October time slot. They are looking at having the Paris office opening this quarter and that is on top of their current cities of London, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Atlanta and San Francisco. They see another two or three cities in the US and continued expansion internationally.

Damon got the scoop this morning when we talked and freaked a bit, but in general is happy. He is just glad to see there is movement in getting out of E&A. Speaking of which, they are back there assembling the "surprise party" I am not to know is going on, but I can smell the food. I will continue to explore the options and keep you posted.

Now, for something completely different...Taking a repositioning cruise from Los Angeles to Vancouver, BC in early May.  So it looks like I will fly down to Ashland for Mom's birthday weekend and then on to Los Angeles.  The cruise docks in Vancouver on the 10th at like 7:30 in the morning. Likely not off the boat until 10ish. Then catching the train at 5:45pm back to Seattle. It is a Friday.  This is the cruise I booked like two years ago when my friend Mick called everyone about a glitch in Princess Cruise lines online reservation system so got the whole thing for $68.

No comments:

Post a Comment