Friday, March 22, 2013

Dinner Party Tonight

This week I have been enjoying slowly using up a lot of the food in the fridge as I grow ever closer to the move date of April 4th.  Tonight will be a bit different as I host 6 people for dinner counting yours truly.  Can't fit more than that around the table.  They will be arriving between 4 and 5pm for the most part and we will start off with drinks and appetisers.  They will have an Italian overtone and I totally forgot to take pictures.  But here is a picture of what the green bean salad looked like:
Dinner will be a standard for me now when entertaining.  Lemon-Peppered Pork Loin on Roasted Root Vegetables.  But for something different I am making a marinated Green Bean Salad.  Using Heirloom Tomatoes and Feta Cheese for added flavor.  Below is what the main course looks like...there was none left!
I have hinted that I want to work on using several bottles of wine to drain down the supply a bit so there will be less to move.  Appears I have a house guest for the evening as a friend is en route to Portland and so spending the night before heading on tomorrow morning.  It will allow me a few hours to catch my breath before Helene arrives for dinner.  This is a delayed dinner from last month due to health issues and we will be having dinner across the street at Shanghai Gardens.  I will miss that place to be sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment