Sunday, March 3, 2013

Relaxing - Total Luxury

I completely took the idea for Citrus Chicken and did it via crock pot on Saturday instead of the beer stew. That was held for Sunday and both were quite lovely. Add in a yummy pork sausage and egg scramble for Saturday brunch and today's brunch was lox & bagels with cream cheese and capers. Yes, it was back to oatmeal tomorrow morning with my iced coffee but it is fun to be creative on the weekends.

Besides the movies as I referred to yesterday, I also took time for one of my favorite things on the weekends and that is a nap.  It is such a treat.  I turn off the phone and TV and just let the slumber set in.  It is a luxury that I do not get to indulge in all the time and so when I can it is wonderful. 

Tonight will be The Amazing Race and I have been underwhelmed thus far so it will be interesting to see what happens.  Janet and I share quite a few text messages throughout the show and it does make for some fun comments.  It will be a challenge getting going tomorrow morning after such a wonderful and relaxing weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment