Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Round 3 - Celulitus ARGH!

Sometimes I feel like the fricking EverReady bunny. I keep going and going and yet should not be.  This afternoon I arrived home from work and felt like I hit a wall. Sat for about 10 minutes and then it hit, the shakes. I was not amused. Yes, my old friend Celulitus had decided to come back for a visit.  WHY?! I had just gotten off a 10 day antibiotic routine a week ago Monday. But this time it decided to flip to the left leg whereas before it was the right. Fever spiked up at 101.7 and I knew something had to be done. After reaching out to friends and family, got some great suggestions.  Decided to call my doctor and got his exchange. The lady said she would call "the doctor on call" and I should hear back within 20 minutes. Not 10 minutes passed and got a call. What luck - my doctor was the one on call last night so he knew my history instantly and decided to bump up the antibiotics so doing a double now and the second one is the size of a golf ball - ok a tad exaggeration. Curtis was kind enough to pick up the drugs and drop them off and I'll be damned if within 90 minutes pain was going down and so was the fever. 

So, all night it was this whole do I tell Tim, do I not tell him. But since things began to moderate I decided to hold off for the most point until his arrival as I am 100% better this day and while yes, I will be on the antibiotics, everything else is fine and I even may go into the office tomorrow, although a bit late. Figure I will be heading out after the conference call and get home to rest a bit, grab a shower and be ready for Tim's arrival - his plane lands just before 8. He insists on taking a cab to the apt. and that is fine as it will allow me to assemble a bit of a puu-puu platter to go with the Preseco. It will be some baby carrots, cooked shrimp, pita chips and some flat bread with three kinds of stuffed olives and some hummus spreads. He does not eat meat so keeping in the poultry and seafood plus veggies.

I plan to get the internet and cable settled tomorrow morning and so things are coming right along. It is going to be a huge challenge flipping all the addresses online, but that can wait until like next Friday. I am taking next Thursday and Friday off for the move. Also, packing is a tad behind schedule, yet I think by end of weekend it should be in good shape. I did not get any packing done tonight, but will be able to do some more tomorrow evening prior to Tim's arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment