Sunday, March 10, 2013

Flashback Sunday - Brunch With the Doctor

This is another of the looking back posts that I mentioned I would do from time to time to bring present the times I had back in the last quarter of 2012 when I was not doing the blog.  In this case we are back on September 2nd, a Sunday and I had brunch with friends in Chicago.  As you can see below I had ordered Crab Benedict for brunch and it was mighty tasty.  I forgot to take a picture when the dish arrived and so here is a bit past midway point.  It was quite delicious.
As you might have noticed in the above picture, indeed the coffee mug is turned over.  I had consumed like two pots of coffee at the hotel prior to brunch and in no way did I need any more.  But the boys told me that it was quite good.  I opted for water with brunch as I was driving and cocktails were out of the question.
This is likely one of the last pictures I will have of these two fine men together.  Johnny and Brian had been together just a bit over 7 years when this was taken.  Since then, they have opted to go their separate ways.  It is amazing, and not unusual, that after all the years of staying together once Johnny got his doctorate they realized their lives were meant to venture in separate directions.  In this case Brian felt the need of a different relationship and moved on.  They are actually still sharing a house in San Francisco during this time of transition and remain friends.
Above is the Wedge Salad via room service.  Yes that is a big pitcher of water on the right.  It became a standard with each order.  I have to say that I am not usually a fan of room service, but in this case the view from my room was really lovely, the restaurant in the hotel was dark and icky and well, I avoided all those carb-based buffets that so often show up at conventions.  I have to say that the cheese focaccia bread was pretty forgettable and I think the one bite was all I had.  And so goes another Sunday memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment