Thursday, March 7, 2013

Dinner Party Prep

Yes, it is Thursday and it makes the week tolerable. Knowing we get through this day means the weekend is in sight and that is a good thing. I am looking forward to Saturday evening as it will be one of my last dinner parties at the old apartment. Several good friends are coming over for dinner and playing some board games. Damon gave me Gay Monopoly for Christmas and so it will likely get broken in. Dinner will begin with a sort of Italian appetizer buffet of marinated veggies some tomato jam preserves that a friend made along with pickled figs. Again, it is something my friend Sandy made so we shall see. Add some crusty bread and some Prosciutto will round out the course. I am also serving up some wine to drain down my supply prior to the move. Dinner will be a favorite for this time of year - the lemon-peppered pork loin on a bed of roasted root vegetables. Thinking of doing some sort of green bean salad to go with it instead of the usual cole slaw or lettuce salad. It is always fun to change things up a bit.
 
The past couple of nights have proved to be a bit different. I get home and feel a bit tired and take a nap for about 45 minutes. Get up and just feel the need for a shower and so I take one and afterwards felt the need to nap again - quite odd. But just went with it and what a grand and deep sleep it proved to be taking me right up to 5:30 or so each morning. Quite unusual and yet feeling very rested this morning. Granted, my stomach was growling to beat the band, but missing a dinner is not going to kill me. So enjoyed my yogurt and off to the office I went.
 
Just about time for a conference call. I do grow tired of them but they are part of the whole routine. I know that after work I will make a couple of errands and then be homeward bound. So need to get to the barber this week at some point, it has been too long and looking more and more like a mad scientist. So there you go - Oh, by the way, I have to share, Markie appears to be in Hong Kong now - yes he did the trip to get miles needed to be at some status or another on United. That is just crazy to me.  But even more so is that he is doing it again next week!  And so it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment