Monday, March 11, 2013

The Best Made Plans = Change

So this weekend did not turn out at all like I had planned.  I was going to get the lease signed for the new place.  Dinner and games with friends on Saturday evening.  Cleaning on Sunday with various errands run to get ahead for the week.  Well, all that flew out the window as the doctor ordered me to lay down, prop the legs up and use heat plus take drugs to avert the fever spikes I had experienced last week on 2 occasions.  He saw it as a mild case of Cellulitis.  It is a common skin infection caused by bacteria. Symptoms of Cellulitis include: Fever (check); Pain (check) or tenderness in the affected area (and triple check); Skin redness or inflammation can get bigger as the infection spreads so it is important to catch it early.  And it seems we did. 

I did have some groceries delivered on Saturday and Moonsong did clean on Sunday and that was about it.  Watched some more movies and let me tell you there were some bad ones on this weekend.  One called "You Again" was especially horrible.  It is from 2010 and is about when a young woman realizes her brother is about to marry the girl who bullied her in high school, she sets out to expose the fiancée's true colors.  Oh and there are several sub stories that make it even worse!  I did enjoy watching "Ghost" as well as "Mamma Mia" again and there were several shows that proved to be entertaining, but it seems naps and reading were more my speed. 

The multiple phone calls did help to break up the pretty boring routine.  I have to say that with the pattering rain yesterday it was very easy to get some good sleep.  BTW, I also discovered a new taste sensation.  I eat celery and peanut butter for snacks and was looking for a new flavor combination and who knew.  I happened to have some Cranberry Sauce in the fridge chilled and in mixing it with peanut butter = poof!  And using celery stalks to dip is a new and festive snack treat.  Don't knock it until you have tried it!   Back in the office this day and getting a lot of crap out of the way, but I plan to head for home in a couple of hours and get the legs up and rested. But boy, is it good to get out of the apartment. Tomorrow I will go and get the new lease handled and dinner was rescheduled for the 22nd of this month. All is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment