Friday, March 1, 2013

Ah, We Made It To Friday

Ah, my favorite day of the week. It lends itself to so much opportunity my friend. You know it is also the 1st of March. That means I was to say Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit.  I did, but at the same time it is lent and so this is meatless Friday and that had me thinking, should I have said "Fish, Fish, Fish?"  Time springs forward a week from Sunday and spring arrives in less than three weeks. Easter is at the end of the month as well as Damon arrives and I move. The month will be one that is crazy. But for some reason crazy can be good. Tomorrow is one where I may run out and do errands early, but I need to be back at the casa early in that tomorrow is the opening game of the Seattle Sounders and it is going to be insane around the neighborhood. I am so glad that I will be done and gone by April 6th in that on the 8th of April is the Seattle Mariner's home opener. I will not miss all the sporting events and how the neighborhood gets trashed. It is a low point of living there. The Seahawks crowd is the worse though.
The weather here has been pretty wet, but that is now clearing out and they are saying that we could see a high of 60 perhaps this afternoon. Another sign that spring is on the way as we have more and more daylight. I will be in the office until 2:30pm or so and then heading home to snag a nap before heading off to Markie's this evening for dinner and drinks. It was to be at my place last Friday, but got canceled and he offered to have me down his way this night. Have not really talked to him in several weeks. It will be good to catch up. Tomorrow I was to head north to play Catan, but they decided to make it an evening game and not an afternoon one. It would normally not have an impact, but due to the Sounder Soccer game, in this case it will and so I had to bow out. That is fine as I can get in a few more hours of book sorting. I am also going to try and begin the task of sorting through all those photos. Only 4 more weeks and life will be in overdrive with the move.
Citrus chicken is planned for tomorrow and sounds wonderful, but I do not think mine will quite look like the above, but hopefully taste just as good as it looks.  Wednesday night I made myself sauteed onions over andouille sausage with cole slaw on the side.  Last night I had a very simple dinner of sauteed shrimp in a garlic butter sauce and some cole slaw. Slowly using up all the stuff in the cupboards as the move draws ever closer.  This weekend is going to be a toss-up and likely a medley of leftovers in the frig to clean it out. Additionally, this weekend I plan to make a stew and let it simmer for the day. I found a really fun recipe using beer. We shall see. Perhaps trade out wine since I still have a lot on hand and going to try and use it up prior to the move. That is my ultimate goal in the kitchen is to use up everything I have before moving and thus less to move.  Well, that is it for now.  Know that I wish you all the very best this weekend and whatever you do I hope it is fun for all!

1 comment:

  1. Are we still having the YaYa get together Easter weekend?

    ReplyDelete