Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter

As Sunday arrives, I realize I am no spring chick as my lower back is not a happy camper. Thankfully I know exactly where the heating pad was packed and it proved quite helpful. Taking the morning to relax and ponder is left to be done.  Will be going to share Easter dinner with friends and it will surely all be very nice, but the nagging back tells me it will be a shorten visit and will have the night to call my own.
 
Jodie and Rob made a lovely selection of appetisers including "Green Goddess" deviled eggs - a recipe we all agreed was not the best and does not need to be tried again for a while.  Dinner was sliced ham and au gratin potatoes.  There was also a refreshing cucumber and onion salad.  I had stopped and got lemon bars, but opted to leave mine for them to enjoy as I was just best. 
So at this point, I have a small packing project tomorrow night.  Tuesday I will do the final sweep of the closets and all the boxes are lined up for the movers. That leaves really only the balance of the kitchen and that should go fast. I have made one big change...movers were going to come on Thursday and that moved to Friday. I want to be sure to have all my ducks in a row. It was all of $20 to flip the date and by having Thursday it just makes the whole move more enjoyable. I will still have the weekend at the new place to begin to get it settled. Also, placing the order for the King Bed this week so it will be nice to get it.
Tomorrow is all about puttering along and will be dropping off the accent paint at the new place in the afternoon. The whole change over will be planned out and taking it one step at a time. It is exciting and scary at the same time. Damon continues to mend and seems to be in good spirits. We have only been texting to save his voice but he shared this morning he would like to have a chat possibly this afternoon. He is due a week from Wednesday.  Michael, my dear friend on the coast flew down to Palm Springs today and will be there for the week.  I have been once and that was more than enough for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment