Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A Mid-Visit Interlude

It is hump day and the mid-point of Damon's visit.  He is quite excited about going to see the new Star Trek movie this evening.  Curtis secured 100 seats for the showing which is in an IMAX theater and all going get to claim they "saw it first" as it does not come out until Friday to the public.  Me, not so excited about the movie.
This was a promotional poster as they begin making a new series of Star Trek movies.  I am pleased for all those that are avid movie goers, but just call me a guy who likes chick flicks and mockumentaries.  So this day Damon will hang at the office and then go to the movie with Curtis and have time to explore the old World's Fair grounds a bit before watching the movie.  Then I will head down and pick him up once the movie is done.  I shall use the time to make some delayed phone calls and just enjoy the silence of the apartment.  I am quite please about the decision not to go to the coast this weekend in that it will allow Damon and I to have some quality together time and also not feel like I am a hamster running on a spinning wheel.  As he will be at the movie, I am going to enjoy some Hot & Sour Soup for dinner.  Tomorrow I do think I will be creative with either chicken thighs or shrimp.  Which ever I do not use will be on the menu for Saturday as we are going out for dinner on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment