Saturday, May 25, 2013

Road Trip Adventure

The morning was not too crazy, did a couple of chores and then made some calls and had the groceries delivered from Amazon fresh. I sure like that service. You only get what you order and once placed there is not need to worry if you forgot something. You can add to your order or delete too right up to 6 hours before delivery.

After that I was not sure what I would do and so headed off on a road trip.  Decided to head to Mt. Rainier and about an hour into the drive as I approached Enumclaw, I realized that the mountain was shrouded in clouds and so turned around and headed back to town all the while enjoying all the azaleas and rhododendrons along the way.  Once back on Hwy. 18 I knew I was going to have to go north or south.  Decided to go south and head for the ferry over to Vashon Island.  It was packed and yet it is only a 15 minute ride over and so it did go quickly.  I was cutting it close as only three more cars fit on the ferry after me.  Once on the island, it hit me about being a holiday weekend as there were A LOT of people.

Made my way north and when going through town had thought about stopping for lunch, but no way.  It was so crowded.  Thus, I headed for the ferry dock and back to West Seattle.  As I disembarked from the ferry it was insane how many cars were waiting to go over. 
Everywhere I looked it was packed and so decided to make my way home but did see that Elysian Fields Pub was not packed yet.  Stopped there for a beer and PASTRAMI SANDWICH.  It was great made with Market House pastrami, provolone, whole grain mustard, Essential sourdough.  Since I did not eat until nearly 4pm, it was both lunch and dinner in a way.  After that it was back in the car and headed for home.  I did end up knoshing a bit later in the evening on some provolone cheese topped with hummus.

It was a very nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment