Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Seriously How Did This Happen?

So Damon's flight is a few minutes early in arriving tonight and that was cool.  Then came the waiting for the luggage.  Waiting...and waiting...and waiting until no more bags appeared.  Then he had to stand in line at the "Where the hell is my luggage line?"  The reply was that his bag had been lost.  Please tell me - how does that happen on a non-stop flight.  You have no layovers or nothing.  What I see it as is a complete lack of communication and I also want to know how it happens when there is suppose to be this SECURITY issue to match passengers to their bags.  That sure did not happen in this case.  There is some connection between Delta and Alaska and they are going to supposedly deliver his bag tomorrow.  He has only the clothes on his back and tonight is going to be miserable for him in that he uses a BPAP machine to sleep.  It is a bit different from the CPAP I use.

It was wonderful to see him and we had a wonderful evening of talking and getting caught up.  It will be nice to have him here for a couple of weeks to help out around the house and assist in getting it settled finally.  We moved chairs a bit last night to allow him the chance to go out and experience the balcony as it was a lovely night.  I can see where it will get a lot of use this summer.  But I really do have to say I am so happy to have the AC in the bedroom window, it will so help in making my sleep all the better.

I had had sausages and green beans prior to his arrival and so was not hungry when he got into town.  But he was starving and so we stopped at Wendy's on the way home and he got a burger and fries with a coke.  I was quite pleased in that I was not tempted in the least to eat any of that.  So it was on to the apartment and by all accounts he likes the place a whole lot more than the old place.  I am finding different things to create plus and minus points, but in the long run I am quite pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment