Friday, May 3, 2013

Yes, We Are Entering Hell

OK, so it is not quite true, but we got on the road south this morning and it was already over 60 degrees outside at 7AM.  Most of you that read this blog know I am not a fan of the heat.  All the news stations are going on about how lucky we are to have this ridge of high pressure arriving.  I do not agree at all.  Yes, here is air conditioning, but that can only go so far.  The drive south is pleasant enough and we make good time arriving Medford just before noon.  We stop at Applebee's for lunch.  Both Janet and I had soup and a chicken salad for lunch.  Then it is time to exit the restaurant.
Yes, it had changed to hell in the matter of less than an hour.  It was 92 and I was not a happy camper.  I am guessing this will provide a nice bit of laughter to some, but not me.  While it was not quite as bad as the above picture, it does give you an idea.  I am in awe of Mom and Janet at how they tolerate the heat so well.  I am just glad that I get to be downstairs in the basement where it is a bit cooler.  And to think that tomorrow will only be warmer - how lucky can I be?  Please tell me it is only a dream, oh wait, it is not, I was sweating like a pig!

No comments:

Post a Comment