Friday, May 10, 2013

Friday Funny & A Bummer

When I saw this on a friend's facebook posting it just cracked me up for some reason.  I thought it made for a good laugh on a Friday as we are all headed into the weekend.  This will be a social one as friends are coming over to play Catan tomorrow afternoon.  That follows a grocery delivery between 11am and noon.  Then Damon and I might kick back and relax or hop in the car and drive somewhere, depends on how long the game goes. 

Sunday will have us going out and taking a drive and it might be to Mt. Rainier as he has not been there before.  We will need to be back by 2ish so that I can be sure to get in an afternoon nap, but also have enough time to cook dinner as Markie is coming over.  Going to do my pork loin on a bed of onions and then cook potatoes and carrots on the side for the two of them.  Also making the green bean, tomato and feta cheese salad that has proven popular. 

A tad bummed in that I was scheduled to speak at a conference next week and just got the following yesterday: 

Hi Chris,
 
We just made a decision to cancel the conference late yesterday afternoon. We had low enrollment for the conference. Unfortunately, we were in competition for the Nurse’s Week conference. I am so sorry. We are going to reschedule for 2014.
 
We still want to interview you and film it if you are still willing. I am going to do system wide training this fall and think you would be such a great person to share your experience.
 
I’ll come find you on Monday to chat about filming.
 
Best,
Nicole
 
And so while no speech, I guess I will be filmed sometime in the near future.  Since people will be seeing the apartment this weekend for the first time, I guess it is time to post some pictures.  Damon is going to help me get my camera charged up and we will take some pictures and get them up here by next week.  Enjoy the weekend all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment